In the past, I never thought that I would become a small business owner. I had my eyes set on teaching, and figured that’s what I would be doing forever. Well, of course, teaching didn’t turn out to be the right career move for me. And two years ago, I decided to start my own small business.
I began doing private math tutoring 2 school years ago. Having my tutoring business has been really rewarding, although some aspects have been challenging. But it has been a learning experience. And I can’t wait to take my business to the next level. Throughout these two years, I’ve learned that there are 5 must have habits of successful small business owners.
5 Must Have Habits of Successful Small Business Owners
- Assertive. A small business owner must be assertive. It is your business and you must look out for the best interest of your business. You cannot let personal feelings, personal relationships or any other factor interfere with running your business. Thank God I’ve always been a fairly assertive person. So, this one comes easy for me.
- Communicative and Responsive. You can’t expect these things from your customers or clients if you can’t portray them yourself. Communication is key in any relationship, whether business or personal. Ensure that you maintain consistent communication with your customers and clients. Keep them informed of any important changes in your business. Be responsive to their needs, complaints or ideas. Remember that these are the people who help keep your business afloat. Respond to them in a timely manner, and you can assure that they will reciprocate.
- Organization. Organization has never really been a super strong point for me. I’ve always had what I call ‘organized chaos’. But I plan to make some improvements in this area for my business. Organization ensures that your business is running efficiently and orderly. And that can only be a plus.
- Integrity. This is a big deal. If you want to continue to have a business, to have customers and clients, you must conduct your business with integrity. No one wants to do business with someone who lacks this trait. By having integrity, you provide a business and service that keeps customers coming back, and has them referring others to you as well. Integrity is key to growing your business.
- Teamwork. If you have any other team members working alongside you, you all must work together. You all must have the same goals in mind for the business. If things are not cohesive within the team, it can cause strife, confusion and detriment to the business. I do not currently have any team members, it’s just me. But I do plan on hiring more tutors in the future. I will need for those team members to share my vision and love of helping students.
There are several other habits that a small business owner should possess, but I believe that these five are the core of having a successful business. I intend to use these habits to expand my business and to continue to provide a valuable service to struggling students. In the end, I want my business to be more successful than ever!
What trait do you recommend for a small business owner?
To learn more about my tutoring business, read more here.
**Now enrolling for morning Skype sessions for homeschool, GED, and college math. Email me for more details.